3.18.2010

It's Racing Season!

Ah...daylight savings, St. Patty's Day, spring...and a return to racing season for me. I really thought I would have done some of the early races this year, but it just didn't happen with the marathon training and busy life. BUT this weekend, I will officially return to racing with the HRCA St. Patrick's Day 5K. Yep, that one, with the Gay Leprechaun t-shirt.

After my last year of running longer distances and consistently running the biggest hills in Highlands Ranch, this race is going to look a lot different for me than it did last year. My memories of this race were a bit hazy, but I remember thinking that the hill toward the end was pretty nasty. Well, tonight I met up with a few other running buddies to run the race course, so that we'd all be familiar with it Saturday. (After being 65 for the last few days, it is predicted to snow 5-10 inches tonight/tomorrow, so there is no telling what that course will be like Saturday morning.) I've had a head cold for the past couple days, but popped some Dayquil this afternoon and was ready to run at 6:30. We had one novice runner with us, and all just took it easy and had a nice chatty, social run. I've gotta say, my perspective has completely changed in the last year; that hill was nothing. Like, seriously nothing. It is probably one of the easier race courses in the HRCA races. Weather permitting, I might have a speedy race Saturday...and the fugly Gay Leprechaun t-shirt to show for it.

6 comments:

  1. At least you will "earn" that fugly Gay Leprechaun shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Saturday! I want to read some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is up with this freaking weather? It was 70 the other day!

    Good luck with your race tomorrow. Take your Yaktraxs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear how your race went today. And I really hope they were able to top last year's fuglyfest with the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, how did it go? Did you secure the gay leprechaun shirt??

    ReplyDelete