- Blogily-inspired + need to absorb myself in something=Finally fully committed myself to get married (marathon, that is)
- Previously unthinkable blogging became regular habit wherein I refer to third-party RBFs as "a friend of mine just ran XXX..." in conversations with others (husband subsequently wonders who all these friends are that he has never met)
- Looking for real, live non-virtual running community=Awesome running buddies in HRRC
- First half marathon!
- Second half marathon!
- 5K PR!
- Previously unthinkable 200-mile relay with sweaty, stinky bodies in a van=Most fun I've had since I was single! (when running fun surpasses alcohol fun, you know you're a running nerd)
- 40+ mile weeks + stupidity=Stress fracture! And no Denver Marathon! BOO!
- Positive attitude + milk + rest=Healed, running, wiser, and confident I will get my full marathon in 2010. fo reals. dammit!
- Finally scoring Yaktrax=awesome snow running (I promise Warm Weather Friends, a Yaktrax photo will come soon...snow anticipated on Wednesday, YT GAME ONE!)
2010 RUNNING/HEALTH/BLOG RESOLUTIONS/GOALS1
- I think I mentioned, but I will get my full marathon in 2010. fo reals. dammit! And once that's done, I'd like to do another. Or two. We'll see.
- I resolve to learn to like the treadmill again. (Not just tolerate it, but like it. Yeah, them's strong words.) Concurrently inspired by RW article (the one in January with the treadmill workouts...no online posting?) and scared by another, I vow to make the mill a part of my training arsenal. I've abstained for over 3 years; it is time to get treadmill nastay again in 2010!
- Run, train, and race without breaking or injuring anything. I accept that this may mean I run slower than my ego likes.
- Reduce the sugar consumption. I eat pretty healthy already--lots of veggies, fruits, legumes, variety, home-cooked--but the large, gaping Sweet Tooth that is actually probably more like the entire Sweet Lower Mandible has got to get whupped into shape. The running counterbalances in terms of calories, but dang that sugar is just not good for me and I feel soooo much better when I go without. So I resolve to do better this year. Not sure what that will mean for my steady PB (ok, maybe I am really referring to the PB M&Ms) addiction, but we'll see how that plays out. One has to make small allowances, right?!
- Resume daily meditation practice. When I am doing yoga alot, this kind of takes care of itself. And actually, many days, running is for me a meditation. But I'd like to work back into the sit-on-the-floor-in-silence kind, cause, well, it gets my deep juices flowing and my brain is happier and more creative. Plus the deep breathing helps me with my running breathing. (It all circles back to running, it always does)
- More pictures in my blog posts. Yeah, all text is boring. I know. (And believe it or not, mitigating boring-ass text is actually kinda what I do for a living. Go figure why I don't do it here. I'll claim it is respect for image copyrights or something noble like that, but it is really more a function of laziness.)
- TBD - I like to leave space to add a mid-year goal or two. I think ahead like that.
No, it's not running-related...but who out there doesn't think
mother-daugher pouty faces are cute?!