3.20.2009

Making time for the long & steady

My conundrum: tomorrow I am doing a nice little 5K in my neighborhood. However, I usually do my long run on Saturday morning, followed by rest on Sunday. Do I a) do the long run today instead and risk tired legs for the race tomorrow b) do a shorter 4-miler today, run the race tomorrow, and then run the course+some afterward to get my long run in?

It is important to note that I don't really race to win, or even necessarily place--I do it for fun, comeraderie, to see how I do and keep myself motivated on the road to the big M. And of course, like duh, for the shirt. I have been stewing over how to work in this long run plus the race all week...hubb-o's advice? "Just run. Don't worry about it." Ummmmmm, yeeeaaah thanks.

It's warm out today and so I think I'll do a long, easy trail run today and just the race tomorrow. I think that is my official decision. Unless I change my mind.

Update: I did a little over 8 miles in about 77 minutes...ish. I think. The tricky part was that I left my watch at the hotel on a trip last week and while I am waiting for it to arrive home safe and sound to me in the mail, I am forced to use my blackberry to keep track of time. NOT ideal. I don't recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Well if you're just doing the race for fun, I'm sure it will be fine either way.

    ReplyDelete