8.04.2009

All New Luddites Marathon Training Plan

So, not that it is exactly news to me (or likely many others who know me AT ALL), but I have reconfirmed that not only am I not a math rockstar, evidently I am also a little fuzzy with a calendar. It all centers on my marathon training plan.

Now, I'd like to claim to be all scientific and hi-tek like Lam, and use something ingenious like The Grid. However, I am neither and so use less of a "Grid" and more of a "simple-chart-type system," which I lovingly call the Luddite's Marathon Training Plan, for my training. I am doing the Denver Marathon on October 17. I have a 16-week training plan. Hence, I need to subtract 16 weeks from the 17th and start on that date, and then do what the plan says each day. Easy, right?

Somehow, I either started on the wrong date, forgot what training week I was in, or both. When you "tweak" damn near every training run on the plan, this can tend to happen. So, my response was to take my original training plan, which was really just sort of a calendar-y table in MS Word, and slap it into Xcel to see what simpleton customization and basic math I could weasel out of it. Here is the result: The All New & Improved Luddites Marathon Training Plan...Now with Math! (for calculating* your over/under stats, guaranteed to make you feel like a rockstar or an utter failure...depending.)

As you'll notice, I could call the "Over/Under" column simply "Under" based
on my training habits. As a wise woman once told me, "Think of the training
plan as more of a guide than an exact plan." Those are obviously the words I live by.


And to answer the question I know you are all going to be asking...yes, the plan is available for purchase from me for the low, low price of $5.95 per spreadsheet* cell. You do the math on that my friends.
_________________________


*Validity and correctness of equations contained in training plan not guaranteed by seller.

4 comments:

  1. You even color-coded it! That's awesome. Waaaay better than The Grid. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no math whiz either so my training plan looks even less impressive. It's in excel, has absolutely no totals for mileage (which come to think of it I should do! LOL!) BUT is colorcoded gray, pink and green which is, after all, the important part. :) LOL!

    Keep up the training girl! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just buy one cell. Your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still trying to figure Lam's Grid out. It must be the 6:xx paces on there that are just throwing me off :)

    ReplyDelete