5.17.2009

Half Marathon: Complete

Me, my dad, and Shortie2
Well the race today was great and I loved every minute of it! Some minor and un-life-changing revelations from today:
  1. I definitely can't wait to do a full marathon this year.
  2. I do not like Gu.
  3. People yelling your name really does pick you up.
  4. High fives from smiling strangers also really pick you up.
  5. I need to find my real 5k and 10k paces. If I can do 9:20 for an entire half marathon, then that should not also be my 5 and 10k pace.
  6. My post-race hair leaves a lot to be desired. A LOT.
  7. I do not have the 6-pack abs that I always imagined I would have if I could run a half marathon. I vow to have said abs by the time I get to a marathon (ha!)
  8. I am buying some recovery socks. Preferably with monkeys on them.
  9. Holding Shortie2's tinly little butt over the porta-potty hole reminded me of that one scene in Slumdog Millionaire. Thank God I didn't drop him...
  10. Even a regular old "finisher's" medal makes you feel like a winner.

I've managed to keep going all day, but now my soft, comfy bed is calling. Full race report coming soon!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! Can't wait to read the race report. Good luck on getting those 6 pack abs. I've given up that dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Let me know how you get those six pack abs because I want them too despite three marathons!

    I'm with you on #2...I can't stand gu!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy! Yay!

    Had you experimented with GU's prior to the race?

    I'm always pining for 6-pack abs...let me know if you figure a way to attain them.

    ~carpeviam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    If you find recovery socks with monkeys, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ZOMG, sister! Shortie2 is Superman?!1?

    Why didn't you tell us!

    Bet HE has 6-pack abs!

    Congrats on the half-marrry at such a killer pace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONTRATS!!! You look so cute in your post-race getup. Can't wait to read the full report. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Which full marathon do you think you'll do? You've got the bug! I don't like Gu either.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Can't wait to read the report!

    ReplyDelete