Me, my dad, and Shortie2
Well the race today was great and I loved every minute of it! Some minor and un-life-changing revelations from today:
- I definitely can't wait to do a full marathon this year.
- I do not like Gu.
- People yelling your name really does pick you up.
- High fives from smiling strangers also really pick you up.
- I need to find my real 5k and 10k paces. If I can do 9:20 for an entire half marathon, then that should not also be my 5 and 10k pace.
- My post-race hair leaves a lot to be desired. A LOT.
- I do not have the 6-pack abs that I always imagined I would have if I could run a half marathon. I vow to have said abs by the time I get to a marathon (ha!)
- I am buying some recovery socks. Preferably with monkeys on them.
- Holding Shortie2's tinly little butt over the porta-potty hole reminded me of that one scene in Slumdog Millionaire. Thank God I didn't drop him...
- Even a regular old "finisher's" medal makes you feel like a winner.
I've managed to keep going all day, but now my soft, comfy bed is calling. Full race report coming soon!